Daltix needs to be cutting edge & it can only do that with a strongly led engineering team and with a strong collaboration with the business side. You will not be writing software, but you will manage projects and the people who do.
- Delivery of Software
- The composition of the engineering teams
- Constant evaluation of current engineering team;
- Identify gaps in resources and skills
- Propose and manage the changes in teams/ team structure
- Frequent collaborations with the team leads.
- Define the system in which engineers can effectively build software together with commercial teams (sales, product managers, marketing).
- Company wide project management
- Having a clear understanding of how work flows within the organization.
- Knowing what the current capacity is and planning what the future capacity needs to be. (capacity planning) → recruiting.
- Define and evaluate outsource opportunities.
- You focus on the delivery of the SW projects and know how to report this to business.
- Manage projects, take ownership and collaborate with key stakeholders.
- The bridge between engineering and business priorities
- Represent the engineering department in management.
- Be the voice of management priorities to the engineering team.
- You are responsible for making the right trade-offs based on the defined priorities.
- You love managing people and projects.
- You have an engineering background.
- You understand the technologies we’re working with.
- You’re communicative, structured, decisive, proactive and you have a problem solving mindset.
- You have an interest in both the big data and retail world.
- Working in a highly complex and challenging startup environment with a variety of engineers makes you happy!
- You are highly proficient in spoken and written English.
- You are able to own your mistakes in a constructive way.
- You have 2+ years of experience in managing engineering teams.
- You have 5+ years hands on experience in SW engineering in an agile environment.
- You have experience in leading and managing teams in an agile environment.
- Working experience in tech scale-ups is a big plus.
What makes you successful in the job:
- You can compose high performance teams
- Define and facilitate constructive ways of working and communication.
- The right talent on the right spot.
- Continuously improve the barrier in team performance
- You can help to define a standardized way of engineering at Daltix → how do we tackle new problems.
- You are very transparent on the needed resource changes and its implications.
- You keep the workload manageable for the engineers.
- Keep the engineers productive.
- Look for the right prioritization at the business side.
- You ensure business clearly knows where the engineering problems (timings, capacity, stress-level) lay and how we can solve them + when.
- You can present a transparent overview of deadlines, issues to engineering and business.