You will be working on projects that deliver immediate value to our customers. These will involve extracting & analyzing data to produce insights and reports for our customers who are major retailers and suppliers. (Data) Quality will be important focus when doing these projects. Besides that you will also be cleaning, analyzing and extracting datasets from external sources as well as visualizing data using Tableau/Excel.
Technologies you’ll find yourself playing with include:
- Python, pandas & jupyter notebook
- AWS Athena (aka Presto), S3, PostgreSQL
- You have a master in an engineering field
- You have > 1.5 years of experience with data analysis using Python (with pandas). R experience is also relevant but you should be able to use Python (with pandas) in the end
- You should have a good understanding of SQL
- You have a great eye for details and are able to produce correct reports according to the needs of our customers
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Prior experience with big data technologies (such as Hadoop, Spark, Airflow)
- Great coding skills in Python (with pandas, numpy,) and deep knowledge of SQL
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau are a plus
Daltix is a young company from Ghent (BE) with offices in Boom (BE) and Lisbon (PT) bringing real-time insights to the world of retail. We have developed a set of tools to gather, process and analyze e-commerce data from webshops. Every day, we collect prices, promotions and assortment data from a myriad of e-commerce channels. This data is turned into actionable insights for the right people at the right time by extracting high level insights, introducing more structure with A.I. techniques, and enriching the information with alternative data sources. These insights are used by retailers and suppliers to help them in their market positioning.