We’re in need of an experienced product owner who’s able to understand the work involved across all layers of our technical stack (ranging from full-stack web-development to data engineering & science) and is thus able to translate product strategy into actionable tasks for our cross-functional product squads.
Are you looking for a challenging, multi-disciplinary (ranging from full-stack development to data engineering & science) software project where you can help define and steer the development process?
Do you want to be able to help shape the agile process itself, rather than working according to a predefined process?
Together we’ll build state-of-the-art product offerings on top of our massive retail dataset.
With many of Europe’s biggest names in retail as our customers, we’re a young company experiencing rapid growth and your work will have an immediate impact.
Your responsibilities in this role:
- You can clearly communicate iteration priorities, monthly roadmaps and customer enabling work to a wide spectrum of audiences including customers, management, commercial (sales, marketing) and engineering.
- You can ensure collaboration across the organization to ensure that the squads are aligned with strategic direction.
- You’re able to translate ideas, business requirements into actionable tasks for the squads.
- You understand the phase (from invention, ideation, design, creation, to go-live, ongoing scaling, handling improvements via inclusion of customer feedback) a project is in and can identify how to approach the project accordingly.
- You know how to help transition a young organisation (< 3 years) into a professional tech company with a business-value first focus.
- You help ensure that infrastructure required for continuous deployment is available allowing for rapid prototyping.
- The challenge is going to be big, so you can help us learn from mistakes and share the lessons learned so that others can benefit.
Qualities that would make you a great fit for this role:
- You’re able to communicate in English fluently as you’ll work with people with different nationalities, across more than 2 countries (Belgium & Portugal).
- You have a strong technical background, with a focus on full-stack and data engineering.
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a technical product owner/project manager role in an agile environment (see responsibilities above).
- You’ve had at least 2 years of software/data engineering experience so you know where the challenges lie.
- You’re an excellent communicator who’s able to communicate with all stakeholders, including our customers.
Ideally you also:
- Have worked in a young company/startup (with > 10 software engineers) before so you know what it’s like to build products/tech from the ground up in an environment with many uncertainties & growth challenges.
- Have worked with Jira before, bringing in expertise on how to structure our projects.
- Have worked in a retail environment, allowing you to understand our customers & their needs even better.
Working with us:
- We are a young, entrepreneurial and fast-growing company; you will have an opportunity to shape our future and have a positive impact on our clients’ business
- We have a talented, international team of top-notch experts
- We move fast and have fun while doing it
- If you enjoy working with passionate people and seeing the results of your efforts, you will fit right in
- We believe in autonomy and flexible work arrangements
What you can expect from Daltix
Daltix offers a competitive wage (including various benefits etc) and a young, dynamic and international (we have offices in Belgium and Portugal) atmosphere to work in. You will also receive the flexibility to work from home from time to time.
When you start working at Daltix, you will get a deep dive experience. You learn all you need to know about us, our journey, your future colleagues, the tools we work with, etc.
Going beyond, is coded in our company DNA. As soon as you start working, we expect a hands-on approach, with an entrepreneurial mentality.
You will also be able to participate in relevant trainings to stay at the top of this field. Be part of an interesting and dynamic start-up and enjoy the scaling process. Join us on the path to becoming the Google of retail and change the way retailers and suppliers work.
If this sounds like the perfect job, we’d love to hear from you! Our interview process doesn’t involve white boarding, riddles, or games – we want to understand how you’ll fit into our team and contribute to our mission, not how well you recall syntax under pressure.