We are looking for a talented senior software / full-stack engineer to help our development team build state-of-the-art product offerings on top of our massive retail dataset.
With many of Europe’s biggest names in retail as our customers, we’re a young company experiencing rapid growth and your work will have an immediate impact. Our ideal candidate is engineering driven, deeply experienced across all layers of the stack and excited to bring their knowledge to our team.
Qualities that would make you a great fit for this role:
- You believe passionately in code quality, the principles of DRY and leveraging best practices to deliver robust, performant, maintainable code.
- You are interested in large datasets, building applications on top of this data and helping our data scientists turn their algorithms in to products that amaze our customers.
- You enjoy working on and solving design challenges across all areas of the stack (from data pipelines and deployment orchestration through to API development and front-end work).
- A love of and experience with Python – we use it extensively!
- Advocate of modern tooling to automate “all the things” (CI/CD, Terraform, Ansible, Docker).
- Familiar building on top of cloud providers (we use AWS) and using agile development methodologies (SCRUM & KANBAN).
- Collaborative in nature and comfortable taking up the role of Product Owner (you love structuring issues, keeping an overview of the work involved in a project and communicating this with various stakeholders to help the company prioritise).
If this sounds like the perfect job, we’d love to hear from you! Our interview process doesn’t involve white boarding, riddles, or games – we want to understand how you’ll fit into our team and contribute to our mission, not how well you recall syntax under pressure.
About the stack
Daltix is using big data technologies such as Spark, Airflow, Amazon Athena (Presto), Elastic Search & Snowflake to cope with the big amounts of data that it has to process & make accessible for analytics & the data science team on a daily basis.
This is not an easy task as the volume of the data grows on a daily basis.
- At least 5 years of experience in object oriented software engineering & design in any object oriented programming language.
- Have a background in computer engineering (or relevant computer engineering degree).
- Good understanding on software design & architectures.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English.
- You never stop learning.
We prefer it if you have…
- Have experience building on top of Amazon Web Services.
- Have programming experience with Python
- Experience with big data technologies (such as ElasticSearch, Spark, Hadoop, Airflow, Cassandra).
- Have a deep understanding of cloud possibilities and limitations in the areas of distributed systems, load balancing and networking, massive data storage, and security.
- Get energy from working in a highly complex and challenging startup environment with a high tech product.
What can Daltix offer you?
Daltix’ offers a competitive wage (including various benefits etc) and a young, dynamic and international (we have offices in Belgium and Portugal) atmosphere to work in.
You will also receive the possibility to work from home from time to time (even if you live in Lisbon).
When you start working at Daltix, you will get a deep dive experience. You learn all you need to know about us, our journey, your future colleagues, the tools we work with, etc.
Going beyond, is coded in our company DNA. As soon as you start working, we expect a hands-on approach, with an entrepreneurial mentality.
You will also be able to participate in relevant training to stay at the top of this field.
Besides developing your technical skills you will also have the opportunity to grow into the following skill sets:
- Technical/architectural lead.
- SW project management.
- Team leading & coaching.